24 Feb 2012

The Smiths - William It Was Really Nothing



While I have my mum to thank for a lot of the classic rock and metal I now listen to, A lot of thanks has to also go to my dad. He introduced me to classic English rock bands such as the smiths as well as Madness who I luckily had the chance to go and see at Reading 2011. Honestly modern music cannot compare to some of the music from prior generations. I personally would recommend the smiths to any music lover due to the influence they have had (especially Morrissey) to music culture today and they are a must have in any music library.

the song was released as a single by the band on the 24th August 1984 and was able to reach number 17 in the charts. The song's claim to fame would be in the Rolling Stone magazine, where they pronounced it one of the 500 greatest songs of all time 

No comments:

Post a Comment